About Active VIII
ACTIVE VIII is a privately owned Centre of Excellence for Physiotherapy which has built its reputation on the range and quality of services it provides. People are living longer and busier lives than ever before, so it’s not surprising we occasionally need a helping hand to stay in good working order.
How can ACTIVE VIII help?
We offer help to people of all ages, from babies to the elderly and from all backgrounds.
We provide a unique “integrated ” approach which incorporates developing a partnership with yourself, putting your needs and expectations at the core of what we do. This enables us to provide you with fast-track clinical diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and preventative care using a collaborative approach to restore your fitness and to promote an active lifestyle.
We pride ourselves on our bespoke facilities. Our highly qualified and experienced practitioners offer expert treatment for an extensive range of musculo-skeletal and health related problems, such as:
- Back and neck problems, trapped nerves, whiplash injuries, trauma, arthritis, upper and lower limb injuries.
- Injuries to tendons, ligaments, bones and joints, circulatory, respiratory or nervous system.
- Orthopaedic conditions in children and adults, for example Osgood Schlatter disease in children
- Rheumatological problems such as gout, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis
- General anxiety and stress, depression, panic attacks, obsessional symptoms and adjustment to health related problems.
Our Approach incorporates:
- Fast track clinical diagnosis and management of neuro-musculo-skeletal; psychological and nutritional problems
- Identification of the cause of injuries
- Hand-on treatment and rehabilitation
- Correction of contributing biomechanical factors such as malalignments
- Preventative healthcare advice and active lifestyle programmes
- Supply or prescription of supports, insoles or braces
- Advice on footwear and sporting technique
- Advice on posture, work stations, exercise and equipment
- Clinical Psychology, CBT, NLP, Counseling and Nutrition
ACTIVE VIII's Consultation & Treatment Principles:
Our sole aim is to make you better and to enable you to continue the activities you enjoy. To help us achieve this, we work to a set of consultation and treatment principles:
- Diagnosis and treatment plan - collaborative
- Number of sessions capped to what is needed - no more, no less.
- We can refer you for an X-Ray, an MRI scan or to a specialist for further investigation
- We work closely with your GP to ensure you receive the most appropriate interventions.
ACTIVE VIII has earned a reputation for achieving excellent results. No matter what your problem, help is at hand.